The Ohio Connection
- Michael Rosen was born September 20, 1954, in Columbus, Ohio, the son of Marvin and Nona Rosen.
- He attended Kent State University, but eventually graduated with a B.S. from The Ohio State University, and he completed a year of graduate work at OSU as well.
- Rosen was an instructor at The Ohio State University from 1978 to 1985.
- He was design consultant to Jefferson Center for Learning and the Arts starting in 1982
- As literary director of the Thurber House in Columbus, starting in 1983, Rosen edited a number of collections of James Thurber’s stories and essays.
- Michael Rosen has taught in the Ohio Art Council Poetry-in-the-Schools Program and Greater Columbus Arts Council Artist-in-the- Schools Program, and has conducted over 500 young authors'
conferences, in-service days, writing workshops, guest author days, and residencies (for elementary, middle school, and high school students and teachers).
- Michael Rosen currently lives in Glenford, Ohio