Norman Vincent Peale
The Works of Norman Vincent Peale
“If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.” —Norman Vincent Peale
- The Art of Living (essays), Abingdon (Nashville), 1937, new edition published as The New Art of Living, World’s Work, 1975.
- You Can Win (essays), Abingdon, 1939.
- (With Dr. Smiley Blanton) Faith Is the Answer: A Psychiatrist and a Pastor Discuss Your Problems, Abingdon-Cokesbury, 1940, enlarged and revised edition, Guideposts, 1955.
- A Guide to Confident Living, Prentice-Hall, 1948.
- (With Blanton) The Art of Real Happiness, Prentice-Hall, 1950, revised edition, Fawcett, 1976.
- The Power of Positive Thinking, Prentice-Hall, 1952, abridged edition published as The Power of Positive Thinking for Young People, Prentice-Hall, 1954.
- (Author of introduction) Guideposts editors, What Prayer Can Do, Doubleday, 1953.
- Inspiring Messages for Daily Living, Prentice-Hall, 1955.
- Stay Alive All Your Life, Prentice-Hall, 1957.
- The Amazing Results of Positive Thinking, Prentice-Hall, 1959.
- (Author of foreword) Blanton, The Healing Power of Poetry, Crowell, 1960.
- The Tough-Minded Optimist, Prentice-Hall, 1961, revised edition published as Positive Thinking for a Time like This, 1975.
- Adventures in the Holy Land, Prentice-Hall, 1963.
- Sin, Sex and Self-Control, Doubleday, 1965.
- Jesus of Nazareth: A Dramatic Interpretation of His Life from Bethlehem to Calvary, Prentice-Hall, 1966.
- The Healing of Sorrow, Doubleday, 1966.
- Enthusiasm Makes the Difference, Prentice-Hall, 1967.
- Norman Vincent Peale’s Treasury of Courage and Confidence (anthology), Doubleday, 1970.
- You Can if You Think You Can, Prentice-Hall, 1974.
- The Positive Principle Today: How to Renew and Sustain the Power of Positive Thinking, Prentice-Hall, 1976.
- The Positive Power of Jesus Christ, Tyndale, 1980.
- Positive Imaging, Revell, 1981.
- Norman Vincent Peale’s Treasury of Joy and Enthusiasm, Revell, 1981.
- The True Joy of Positive Living (autobiography), Morrow, 1984.
- Have a Great Day, Revell, 1984.
- Why Some Positive Thinkers Get Powerful Results, Revell, 1986.
- Power of the Plus Factor, Revell, 1987.
- (With Ken Blanchard) The Power of Ethical Management, Revell, 1988.
- The American Character, Tyndale, 1988.
- How to Be Your Best: A Treasury of Practical Ideas (originally published in Plus: The Magazine of Positive Thinking), Foundation for Christian Living, 1990, also published as Reaching Your Potential, Revell, 1990.
- Think like a Winner, Tyndale, 1990.
- This Incredible Century, Tyndale, 1991.
- (With Donald T. Kauffman) Bible Power for Successful Living: Helping You Solve Everyday Problems, Revell, 1993.
- Positive Thinking Everyday: An Inspiration for Each Day of the Year, Simon & Schuster, 1993.
- In God We Trust: A Positive Faith for Troubled Times, Peale Center for Christian Living, 1994.
- My Favorite Hymns and the Stories behind Them, HarperSanFrancisco, 1994.
- (With others) To Father, with Love: Wisdom from Guideposts, Dimensions for Living, 1995.
- The Power of Positive Living, Fawcett Columbine, 1996.
- Life Beyond Death, Zondervan Pub. House, 1996.
- A New Collection of Three Complete Books, Wings Books, 1996.
- Reaching Your Potential, Wings Books, 1997.
- Positive Thinking Bible: Contemporary English Version, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1998.
- Positive Principle Today, Fireside/Simon & Schuster, 2003.Also author of newspaper columns “Confident Living” and “Positive Thinking.” Co-author with wife, Ruth Stafford Peale, of syndicated column, “There’s an Answer.” Contributor to periodicals, including Christian Herald, Readers Digest, and Look. Publisher and editor-in-chief, Guideposts magazine, New York City, 1945-93; publisher with wife, Ruth Stafford Peale, of PLUS: The Magazine for Positive Thinking.Children’s Books
- The Coming of the King, Prentice-Hall, 1956.
- He Was a Child, Prentice-Hall, 1957.
- Bible Stories, F. Watts, 1973.
- The Story of Jesus, Gibson, 1976.
- Guideposts: Personal Messages of Inspiration and Faith, Prentice-Hall, 1948.
- The Guideposts Anthology, Guideposts, 1953.
- Faith Made Them Champions, Guideposts, 1954.
- Sermon on the Mount, engravings by John de Pol, World, 1955.
- Unlock Your Faith-Power, Guideposts, 1957.
- Guideposts to a Stronger Faith, Guideposts, 1959.
- My Favorite Quotations, Harper, 1990.
- My Christmas Treasury, HarperSanFrancisco, 1991.
- My Inspirational Favorites, HarperSanFrancisco, 1992.
- My Favorite Prayers, HarperSanFrancisco, 1993.
- My Favorite Bible Passages, HarperSanFrancisco, 1995.
Also editor of several volumes of testimonials from Guideposts magazine.
Media Adaptations: Excerpts of The Power of Positive Thinking were recorded for RCA Victor in 1953; a film, One Man’s Way, based on Peale’s life and work, was produced in 1963.