The Works of Katherine Ayres
- Family Tree (1996)
- North by Night: A Story of the Underground Railroad (1998)
- Silver Dollar Girl (2000)
- Stealing South: A Story of the Underground Railroad (2001)
- A Long Way (2003)
- Macaroni Boy (2003)
American Girl Series
- Voices at Whisper Bend
- Wednesday Afternoon Girls
- Shadows in the Glasshouse
- Watcher in the Piney Woods
- Under Copp’s Hill
- “Runaways on the River,” Cricket Magazine, April 1994
- “Dancing the Two-Step,” Stepfamilies, Spring 1994
- “Cast of Characters (a child’s perspective),” Stepfamilies, Summer 1994
- “Talking to the Dogs,” Pockets Magazine, May 1996
- “The Visitor,” Spider Magazine, December 1997
- “Welcoming Andrew,” Pockets Magazine, February 1998
- “Sugar Peas,” Ladybug Magazine, May 1998
- “A Long Way,” Ladybug Magazine, June 1998
- “Who Needs a Bath?” Ladybug Magazine, May 1999
- “Up, Down, Around and Around,” Ladybug Magazine, (pending)
- “Park Amusements,” a one-act play set in Kennywood Park, 1969, explores the notion that things may get turned upside down in an amusement park. Produced by Studio Theatre, Inc., New York.
- Change of Heart, the story of a woman who is terminally will with heart disease. The play explores the issue of transplant. Full production planned.
- A Taste of Apples, a fictional look at the life of Louisa May Alcott (for adults).
- “The Local,” a one-act farce suggests that anything can happen on a New York subway. Produced by Pittsburgh Public Theatre in its “Public Works” program 1998
- “The Day Mare,” a play for children about three monsters who hide in a little boy’s closet because they are afraid of the light.