The Works of James Wright
- The Green Wall, Yale University Press, 1957.
- Saint Judas, Wesleyan University Press, 1959.
- (With William Duffy and Robert Bly) The Lion’s Tail and Eyes: Poems Written Out of Laziness and Silence, Sixties Press, 1962.
- The Branch Will Not Break, Wesleyan University Press, 1963.
- Shall We Gather at the River, Wesleyan University Press, 1968.
- Collected Poems, Wesleyan University Press, 1971.
- Two Citizens, Farrar, Straus, 1973.
- I See the Wind, Brandea, 1974.
- Old Booksellers and Other Poems, Cotswold Press, 1976.
- Moments of the Italian Summer, Dryad, 1976.
- To a Blossoming Pear Tree, Farrar, Straus, 1978.
- This Journey, Random House, 1982.
- The Temple in Nimes, Metacom Press, 1982.
- Above the River: The Complete Poems, Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, 1992.
Also author of Salt Mines and Such, 1971, and The Shape of Light: Prose Poems, White Pine. Work represented in anthologies, including Poems on Poetry, edited by Robert Wallace and J. G. Taaffe, Dutton, 1965; An Introduction to Poetry, edited by Louis Simpson, St. Martin’s, 1967; Heartland, edited by Lucien Stryk, Northern Illinois University Press, 1967; and Poems of Our Moment, edited by John Hollander, Pegasus, 1968.
- (With Bly) Twenty Poems of Georg Trakl, Sixties Press, 1961.
- (With Bly and John Knoepfle) Twenty Poems of Cesar Vallejo, Sixties Press, 1962.
- Theodor Storm, The Rider on the White Horse, New American Library, 1964.
- (With Bly) Twenty Poems of Pablo Neruda, Sixties Press, 1968.
- (And editor) Hermann Hesse, Poems, Farrar, Straus, 1970.
- (With Bly and Knoepfle) Neruda and Vallejo: Selected Poems, Beacon Press, 1971.
- Hesse, Wandering: Notes and Sketches, Farrar, Straus, 1972.
- The Poetry and Voice of James Wright (recording), Caedmon, 1977.
- (Editor) Winter’s Tales Twenty-Two, St. Martin’s, 1977.
- Collected Prose, edited by Anne Wright, University of Michigan Press, 1982.
- A Secret Field, edited by Anne Wright, Logbridge- Rhodes, 1985.
- Town of Moravia, Higginson Book Company, 1993.
Also author of The Summers of James and Annie Wright, 1980, and With the Delicacy and Strength of Lace: Letters between Leslie Marmon Silko and Wright, edited by Wright, 1986. Also recorded, with others, Today’s Poets Three, for Folkways.
Contributor to Hudson Review, Kenyon Review, Sewanee Review, Western Review, Yale Review, Harper’s, Poetry, Frescoe, New Poets of England and America, Paris Review, London Magazine, Botteghe Obscure, New Yorker, Minnesota Review, Big Table, Audience, Nation, and other publications.